Florida 4-H Tailgating Contest
Florida 4-H is excited to announce the 2nd Annual Florida 4-H Tailgating Contest, sponsored by Winn Dixie Supermarkets, National Beef, Sanderson Farms and Sonny’s BBQ.
The purpose of this contest is to promote the use of animal protein in the diet by teaching the art and science of safely preparing beef, pork, poultry, and seafood in an outdoor setting. Investment in this activity will provide 4-H youth with life skills, including decision making, healthy lifestyle choices, and communication.
Four regional contests will be conducted across Florida between April and July. The State Finals will be in Gainesville with $1000's of Award Scholarships presented at a Sonny's/Winn Dixie tailgate promotion before a Gator home game.
- Region 1, Northwest District - Chipley - July 22
- Region 2, Northeast District - Gainesville - May 20
- Region 3, Central District - Dade City - June 10
- Region 4, South District - Lake Placid - April 8
- State Finals - Gainesville, October 14
Go to the 4-H website for complete information, including rules, registration, award amounts, contest protocols, etc.
Refer to this link for videos explaining the contest and proper safety, food handling, and grilling techniques.
- Back to Youth / 4-H Programs