Graduate Admission Requirements
The University of Florida does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religious preference, disability or sex in any aspects of its operations.
The admission requirements of the Department of Animal Sciences are as follows: Note that you can submit your application even if one of the items below is missing, provided the missing item is submitted before the application deadline. *As of 2020, the GRE is no longer required.
- An average grade of "B" (GPA of 3.0) for all Master of Science or upper-division undergraduate studies.
- International and Puerto Rican applicants are required to have a TOEFL score by internet-based 80, by paper 550, by computer 213 or IELTS -6.0. In addition, international and Puerto Rican applicants must meet the required minimum on one of the following English language tests:
i. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores
of at least 550 on the PBT version or 80 on the iBT version.
ii. Michigan English Language Assessment Battery
(MELAB) score of at least 77
iii. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least 6.0 overall.
Exemptions from these requirements are described here.
- Evidence of financial support to cover all fees. Students may be financially supported by themselves, their governments, funding agencies or by a UF or departmental assistantship or minority assistantships.
- Confirmation that an Animal Sciences faculty member has agreed to be the major adviser of the applicant. Applicants should contact faculty directly to discuss their application, prior to or after submission of the application.
Summer admission– March 15
Fall admission – May 31
Spring admission – October 30
To Apply Online:
- Visit UF Graduate Admissions. Follow the guidelines to complete and submit your application.
- Test scores for the TOEFL exam should be sent to School Code 5812
To Apply by Mail:
Send the following items to UF Office of Admissions, P. O. Box 114000, Gainesville, FL 32611-4000, USA:
- Graduate application (Note that the International student graduate application form should be completed by international applicants).
- $30 application fee
- Official transcripts
- Official TOEFL scores of international and Puerto Rican applicants.
Note: that if you apply online and submit your three letters of recommendation online, you do not have to send anything to the Department.
Note: All newly admitted or re-admitted students who are not on assistantships, but are enrolled at least half time in a degree-seeking program and are attending any campus of the University of Florida will be required to show proof of adequate health insurance as a condition of enrollment. More information can be found at:http://studentinsurance.shcc.ufl.edu. Please note that students admitted with an assistantship will have health insurance as one of the benefits.
For further questions, Contact:
|Renee Parks - Jamesemail@example.com||352-392-5615|