FIDA allows students to enroll in one of two plans so that they can choose the educational experience that is most suitable for their goals and interests.
PLAN A – PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM
- Minimum enrollment – 12 units (at least three core courses)
- Price per unit is $1,000
- Capstone one-week experience and graduation on UF campus is included
- Will receive a FIDA industry certificate for completion of the program
Additional courses beyond the required 12 may be taken. Cohorts of students in the diploma program will be enrolled once per year.
Scholarships will be available for the FIDA Professional Program. More information on how to qualify and apply for scholarships will be available soon. Join the FIDA email list to receive more information as it becomes available!
CAPSTONE EXPERIENCE AND GRADUATION CEREMONY AT THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
Upon completion of online coursework, students may participate in a one-week capstone experience and graduation on UF campus in Gainesville, FL. This will include a Graduation ceremony, meeting the instructors, visiting the UF dairy unit, exposure to current research efforts in dairy science, and visits to commercial dairies in Florida and Georgia.
· Students are responsible for travel to and from Gainesville, FL and any VISA requirements (if needed). The University will provide an invitation letter for B1/B2 VISA applications
· Lodging, meals, and transportation expenses of students upon arrival in Gainesville are included in the program registration
PLAN B – INDIVIDUAL COURSES
- No minimum enrollment required
- The student can enroll in individual courses, payment is due one month prior to the start of each course
- No guarantee of enrollment as a priority will be given to students enrolled in the diploma program