Training Adults to Teach Youth Animal and Products Evaluation
Livestock Evaluation Resources
- Livestock Judging Teaching Aids
(Power Points, worksheets, practice activities)
- Livestock section of the Resources page
- Youth Programs at Other Universities
- National Swine Registry Practice classes
(from Picture Judging Contests)
-2005 -- Class Pictures --- Results
-2006 -- Class Pictures --- Results
Materials for Coaches
- Livestock Judging Overview - PowerPoint (in pdf) summarizing the State and National contest, plus introductions to judging swine, cattle, and sheep.
- Coaches Advice - PowerPoint (in pdf) detailing the benefits in participating in a judging program, how get a judging team started/organized, arranging workouts, and overcoming human tendancies that make a contest harder than it should be.
- Judging Information - Principles of judging, taking notes, and formulating reasons. Also traits to condsider when juding breeding and/or market hogs, cattle, and sheep. Includes explanations of Yield grades, USDA grades, and EPD's.
to this document for which hotels and how to get the rates.