Dr. Adegbola Adesogan
Professor - Ruminant Nutrition
Director - Food Systems Institute | Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems
Dr. Adesogan is a Professor of Ruminant Nutrition and the Director of the Food Systems Institute and the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems. His research focuses on sustainably increasing animal-source food production and consumption; improving forage production, quality and preservation; and using feed additives, forages and byproducts to sustainably improve animal production and health.
Academic Positions Since Final Degree:
- 2010 - Present; Professor of Ruminant Nutrition, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- 2006 - to 2010; Associate Professor of Ruminant Nutrition, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- 2001 - 2006; Assistant Professor of Ruminant Nutrition, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- 1995 - 2001; Assistant Professor of Animal Nutrition, University of Wales, United Kingdom
Research Specializations and Interests
- Improving forage quality and conservation, conservation, and rumen fermentation with additives (enzymes, chemicals and microorganisms).
- Evaluating the impact of forage attributes on the health and performance of ruminants and the safety of animal products.
- Using legumes to improve the sustainability, productivity and efficiency of animal production.
- Devising location-appropriate supplementation strategies for livestock production.
- Using plant neutraceuticals to improve the health and performance of livestock.
- Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems
Department of Animal Sciences
Bldg 459, Shealy Drive
PO Box 110910
Gainesville, FL 32611
- 2000; Foundations of Senior Management Course, Open University, UK
- 1996; Ph.D. Animal Production Science, University of Reading, UK.
- 1991; M.S. (Distinction) , Animal and Forage Science, University of Reading, UK.
- 1998; B.S. Agriculture, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
Professional Service and Awards
- Grants and Funding (.pdf 213KB)
- American Grassland and Forage Council
- American Dairy Science Association
- American Society of Animal Science
Awards and Honors
- Journal of Dairy Science Highly Cited Award to recognize an outstanding and highly cited paper published in the journal (2020)
- American Society of Animal Sciences Bouffalt International Animal Agriculture Award to recognize distinguished service to animal agriculture in the developing areas of the world (2019)
- International Educator of the Year Award, College of Agriculture, University of Florida (2018)
- Faculty Commons Nilson Award, in recognition of outstanding leadership, service and Christian ministry by university faculty and administrators in the United States (2017)
- American Dairy Science Association, Pioneer Hi-Bred International Inc. Forage Award, for significant research contribution in the areas of forage production, processing, storage and utilization (2007)
- MORE >>