Dr. Adegbola Adesogan
Professor - Ruminant Nutrition
Director - Food Systems Institute
Director of Strategic Partnerships - Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems
Dr. Adesogan is a Professor of Ruminant Nutrition, the Director of the Food Systems Institute, and the Director of Strategic Partnerships for the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems. His research focuses on sustainably increasing animal-source food production and consumption; improving forage production, quality and preservation; and using feed additives, forages and byproducts to sustainably improve animal production and health.
Academic Positions Since Final Degree:
- 2010 - Present; Professor of Ruminant Nutrition, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- 2006 - to 2010; Associate Professor of Ruminant Nutrition, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- 2001 - 2006; Assistant Professor of Ruminant Nutrition, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- 1995 - 2001; Assistant Professor of Animal Nutrition, University of Wales, United Kingdom
Research Specializations and Interests
- Improving forage quality and conservation, conservation, and rumen fermentation with additives (enzymes, chemicals and microorganisms).
- Evaluating the impact of forage attributes on the health and performance of ruminants and the safety of animal products.
- Using legumes to improve the sustainability, productivity and efficiency of animal production.
- Devising location-appropriate supplementation strategies for livestock production.
- Using plant neutraceuticals to improve the health and performance of livestock.
- Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Livestock Systems
Department of Animal Sciences
Bldg 459, Shealy Drive
PO Box 110910
Gainesville, FL 32611
- 2000; Foundations of Senior Management Course, Open University, UK
- 1996; Ph.D. Animal Production Science, University of Reading, UK.
- 1991; M.S. (Distinction) , Animal and Forage Science, University of Reading, UK.
- 1998; B.S. Agriculture, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
Professional Service and Awards
- Grants and Funding (.pdf 213KB)
- American Grassland and Forage Council
- American Dairy Science Association
- American Society of Animal Science
Awards and Honors
- Journal of Dairy Science Highly Cited Award to recognize an outstanding and highly cited paper published in the journal (2020)
- American Society of Animal Sciences Bouffalt International Animal Agriculture Award to recognize distinguished service to animal agriculture in the developing areas of the world (2019)
- International Educator of the Year Award, College of Agriculture, University of Florida (2018)
- Faculty Commons Nilson Award, in recognition of outstanding leadership, service and Christian ministry by university faculty and administrators in the United States (2017)
- American Dairy Science Association, Pioneer Hi-Bred International Inc. Forage Award, for significant research contribution in the areas of forage production, processing, storage and utilization (2007)
- MORE >>